Charter Boat: Yellowfin
Offering charter trips from Newhaven, East Sussex.
Yellowfin is a fast, spacious and stable boat that can easily reach the mid channel wrecks and further afield. The Sussex coast offers rich and varied fishing to sea anglers, there are literally hundreds of productive wrecks to fish for Cod, Pollack, Ling, Bass and Conger to name just a few.
Drift the sandbanks for Turbot, Brill, Blonde and Undulate Rays (all rays are released), or do some ‘inshore’ fishing for Plaice, Cod, Tope, Smooth-hound, Mackerel and Bream.
So far, 41 species of fish have been caught on Yellowfin, just take a look at our photo gallery.
On board Yellowfin you will have a safe, comfortable and fun angling trip. We offer angling charters for groups, clubs and spaces for individuals. From the seasoned angler to those new to fishing – all are welcome.
Up to 12 passengers
There’s plenty of room. Wheelchair accessible
Code Of Practice:
Cat 2 60 miles
Fast twin engine boat. New and up-to-date safety equipment and life raft on-board
Hours & Days:
4, 8, 10 or 12 hr Trips
Available for day and evening trips, 7 days a week. Bank holidays too!
40 FEET LONG x 12 Beam
96 ft. of rail space. Island wheelhouse so you can walk / fish all-around the boat. Seating for all both inside and out
About the Skipper
My passion for fishing started aged 5, sitting on the banks of the river seven with my dad and grandad and then in my teens progressing to sea fishing. In 1993 I got my own boat and began fishing out of Newhaven and even crewed for a local charter boat for a time.
Whenever I get a chance, I still love to fish and usually book a trip or two on a boat when on holiday. Owning my own boat and taking people out to fish, is for me my dream job, I never fail to get a buzz from giving people a good day out fishing or seeing someone catch their personal best.
It’s a pleasure for me to help those that are new to fishing or to guide and teach the next generation of anglers.
Trips & Fish We Catch
Types of fishing and fish
- Wreck Fishing: Drifting over wrecks with lures for Cod, Pollack, Bass.
- Anchoring on a wreck and fish with bait for Conger, Ling, Cod, Pollack and Bream
- Rough Ground Reef Fishing: Anchor and fish with bait for Tope, Smoothhound, Rays, Bream, Plaice (summer), Cod, Whiting (Winter)
- Drifting over sandbanks for Turbot, Brill, Blonde Rays, Undulate Rays and bass
- Live bait fishing for Bass (01 Jul – 31 Dec)
All are welcome
- Seasoned anglers, clubs and groups
- Young anglers and those new to fishing
- Guidance and tips offered
- Disabled (wheelchair accessible)
- Tea, coffee and soup
- Seating (inside and out)
- Your picture taken with your catch (will be emailed to you)
- Skipper & Crew expertise
- All safety equipment (Life boat, Life jackets, First Aid trained Skipper etc.)
- Rod and reel hire
- Rod holders for all
- Live bait tank
- Fileting table
- Ice filled fish holds (keep your catch fresh)
On the day
What to bring
- Sun Cream
- Waterproof Clothing
- Waterproof Footwear
Not just fishing!
- Yellowfin has been used many times for film work including, BBC Horizon with David Attenborough, ITV’s drama ‘Lucan’ with film star Rory Kinnear, Channel 4’s ‘Stand up to Cancer’ with Katie Price, BBC’s South East Today news (2017 Election). Music videos have also been filmed with drones launched from Yellowfin.
Bird and Wildlife watching Trips
- Sussex coastline has a famous Kittiwake nesting site (Spring/Summer) but you can often also see Gannets, Fulmars, Black headed gulls, Black backed gulls, Skuas, Turns, Guillemots, Little Auks, Cormorants and migrating Swifts, Swallows and Warblers. In terms of other wildlife we have seen dolphins, porpoise and seals
- See the Sussex Coastline from the sea’s perspective! Take a boat trip past the famous seven sisters to Beachy Head lighthouse and the highest chalk cliffs in Great Britain. Or why not see the new rampion wind farm up close (over 100 turbines)
Ashes scattering and memorial wreath laying (all faiths welcome)
Corporate Days, Hen and Stag do’s welcome